From ConsumerWiki
Revision as of 22:21, 29 July 2010 by Cicjscribner (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search


go back

Gas, electric, water, steam, sewer, pipeline, cellular, and telephone companies (phone services, including public and privately owned pay phones) and telegraph companies; safety standards procedures for overhead power and communication lines, gas facilities are the jurisdiction of the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).

City and district-owned utilities are not regulated by any agency. If a customer is not satisfied with the assistance received from the company's complaint department, the next step would be to contact the city council, county supervisors or board of directors or local consumer protection agency.

Public Utilities Commission (CPUC)
(415) 703-2782 (San Francisco)
(213) 576-7000 (Los Angeles)
(800) 649-7570 (public inquiries)

Pacific Gas & Electric Company (PG&E)
5555 Florin-Perkins Road
Sacramento, CA 95826
(800) 743-5000

Contact local phone business services center for:

  • Service Representative
  • Supervisor
  • Manager
  • District Manager

Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
(866) 675-6623

Application processing and review of eligibility requires 4-6 weeks. Federal unding/allocation of monies determines number of consumers who can be served.

California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC)
Energy Programs
Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page