Difference between revisions of "Child Care/Child Protective Services"

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 42: Line 42:
(916) 445-2777<br>   
(916) 445-2777<br>   
(916) 445-2907 Fax<br>
(916) 445-2907 Fax<br>
'''Food Assistance for Mothers/Children:'''<br>
(916) 324-9871<br>

Revision as of 22:37, 16 December 2013

851-Local City/County Agencies


go back

To protect their children while in the care of others, parents may investigate providers who have been screened and do not have disqualifying criminal convictions by using Trustline, a registry created by the California Legislature.

TrustLine is a database of in-home caregivers (nannies and baby-sitters) that have cleared criminal background checks in California. The California Department of Social Services administers the program.

To check if a provider is registered on TrustLine or to register:
(800) 822-8490

Child Protection Services (CPS):

Consumers who wish to reach a child protection service should contact their local county welfare office. The Web site below provides a list for each California county.

Child Protective Services (CPS) Hotlines

Department of Social Services
Licensing Office
8745 Folsom Boulevard, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95826
(916) 229-4530

Abuse investigations:
(916) 445-2777
(916) 445-2907 Fax

Child Find of America, Inc.
7 Innis Avenue
PO Box 277
New Paltz, New York 12561-0277
(845) 883-6060 (800) 426-5678 (800) I-AM-LOST
(800) 292-9688 (800) A-WAY-OUT
(845) 883-6614 Fax

The California Central Registry operates within the California Parent findings Locator Service which locates nonsupporting, absent parents and their assets and assists in the location of noncustodial parents who have abducted their children. The Central Registry reviews and forwards interstate) and international child support case information to the appropriate country district attorney.

Individuals must contact their local District Attorney who will report findings to the Attorney General's office for statewide and interstate information search.

The Attorney General’s Megan’s Law Web site lists designated registered sex offenders in California:

Registered Sex Offenders (Megan’s Law)

The Department of Justice provides a number for individuals who need to report or identify individuals who are sex offenders:

(916) 227-3244

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page