Housing and Urban Development(United States Department of) (HUD)

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

814-Other Federal Agencies


go back

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is the principal federal agency responsible for programs concerned with the nation's housing needs, fair housing opportunities, and improvement and development of the nation's communities.

Complaint Jurisdiction:

Landlord/tenant problems with HUD- subsidized housing (e.g., improper evictions); housing discrimination complaints (e.g., race, religion, sex, etc. in all housing); local housing authorities involved with Section 8 housing; mortgage companies, banks, real estate agencies involved with HUD/FHA housing; problems with management groups overseeing HUD-subsidized housing; false or misleading advertising of HUD housing; sale of outdated HUD publications.

Complaints Outside Jurisdiction:

Housing complaints that do not involve HUD housing (with the exception of discrimination complaints).

San Francisco office has jurisdiction over the following counties: Del Norte, Humboldt, Lake, Mendocino, Sonoma, Napa, Contra Costa, Alameda, Solano.

HUD San Francisco Office
1 Sansome Street, Suite 1200
San Francisco, CA 94104
(415) 489-6400
(415)489-6419 fax

HUD Los Angeles Office
611 West 6th Street Suite 800
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 894-8000

Property rentals only. Low Income Rental Property Program.

Capitol Area Development Authority (CADA)
1522 14th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814-5958
(916) 322-2114

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page