Difference between revisions of "Songwriter"

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
<p>[[File:Whitebox.jpg|735-Other State Agencies|link=_Hint]]</p>
{| align="center" border = 0
{| align="center" border = 0

Revision as of 16:25, 24 March 2011

735-Other State Agencies


go back

Most established record companies do not charge a songwriter a fee for recording or producing music prior to introducing the recording to the public. If a songwriter has hired a talent agent and problems arise with representation or contracts, the songwriter should contact the California Department of Industrial Relations, which licenses talent agents.

The creator of a song or piece of music can protect the ownership of their creation by applying for a copyright.

US Library of Congress
Copyrights Office
(800) 786-9199

publishes names and addresses of established music publishers, recording companies, distributors, publications annually such as the International Buyers Guide.

Billboard Magazine
5055 Wilshire Boulevard, 7th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 525-2300
(800) 344-7119 (to order directories)

Consumers can find Songwriter's Market (published by Writer's Digest Books) available at most local or on-line book stores.

See Also:
Patents/Trademarks/Copyrights (U.S.)

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page