From ConsumerWiki
Revision as of 22:31, 1 November 2019 by Cinsuar (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

735-Other State Agencies


Most established record companies do not charge a songwriter a fee for recording or producing music prior to introducing the recording to the public. If a songwriter has hired a talent agent and problems arise with representation or contracts, the songwriter should contact the California Department of Industrial Relations, which licenses talent agents.

The creator of a song or piece of music can protect the ownership of their creation by applying for a copyright.

US Library of Congress

Copyrights Office

(800) 786-9199

Billboard publishes names and addresses of established music publishers, recording companies, distributors, publications annually such as the International Buyers Guide.

Billboard Magazine

5055 Wilshire Boulevard, 7th Floor

Los Angeles, CA 90036

(323) 525-2300

(800) 344-7119 (to order directories)

Consumers can find Songwriter's Market (published by Writer's Digest Books) available at most local or on-line book stores.

See Also: Patents/Trademarks/Copyrights (U.S.)

  Directory of State Agencies 
    Directory of State Agencies
  Directory of Federal Agencies
    Directory of Federal Agencies 
  Return to DCA Home Page
    Return to DCA Home Page