Security and Investigative Services, Bureau of
Bureau of Security and Investigative Services
2420 Del Paso Road, Suite 270
Sacramento, CA 95834
(916) 575-7290 Fax
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) protects consumers by licensing and regulating the following industries:
- Alarm Company Operator & Alarm Company Employees
- Locksmith Companies & Locksmith Company Employees
- Private Investigators
- Private Patrol Operators & Security Guards
- Proprietary Private Security Officer
- Repossessor Agencies & Repossessor Agency Employees
- Training Facilities & Training Instructors
As part of its mission, the Bureau actively investigates complaints against its licensees and works to punish unlicensed business operations. This includes the suspension and revocation of licenses and seeking administrative, criminal, and civil sanctions against violators. Undercover sting and sweep operations are conducted on an ongoing basis throughout all of California.
BSIS also educates consumers, administers examinations to validate prospective licensees, and issues licenses and permits. On this Web site you can find educational materials on our licensees, check the status of a BSIS issued license, and file a complaint. Prospective licensees can apply online and obtain any needed forms or applications.