Difference between revisions of "Parks and Recreation, (Department of)"

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
<p>[[File:Whitebox.jpg|735-Other State Agencies|link=_Hint]]</p>
{| align="center" border = 0
{| align="center" border = 0

Revision as of 17:03, 15 March 2011

735-Other State Agencies


go back

The California Department of Parks and Recreation operates the California State Park System by administering regulations relations relating to the park units and protecting park resources.

The California State Parks provides information about state park and off-highway campgrounds and hiking trails, informational park brochures available upon request, and takes complaints.

California State Parks
PO Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
(800) 777-0369
(916) 653-6995
(916) 654-6374 Fax

Complaint jurisdiction:

Hearst Castle tours; off-highway motor vehicle recreation; reservations for camping in state parks; state park acquisition and development; and state park operations.

Complaints outside jurisdiction:

Registration of recreational therapists; local city or county parks.

City Parks and Recreation
4623 T Street
Sacramento, CA 95819
(916) 277-6060
(916) 454-3956 Fax

County Parks and Recreation
3711 Branch Center Road
Sacramento, CA 95827
(916) 875-6961
(916) 875-6050 Fax

The Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division provides information about off- highway vehicle parks (OHVs) and takes complaints against OHVs.

Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division
1725 23rd Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95816
(916) 324-4442
(916) 324-1610 Fax

Reserve America is a statewide computerized system that allows consumers to reserve state park campsites, Hearst Castle tours, and elephant seal walks in Ano Nuevo State Park. Payment may be made by Visa, Mastercard, check or money order (tickets mailed after payments are received and checks clear).

Reserve America
PO Box 1510
Rancho Cordova, CA 95741
(800) 444-7275

Concession and Reservation Division (CRD) will act as liaison between consumers and parks for complaints.

(916) 653-7733
(916) 414-8410 Fax

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page