Difference between revisions of "Organ Donation"

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
<p>[[File:Whitebox.jpg|735-Other State Agencies|link=_Hint]]</p>
{| align="center" border = 0
{| align="center" border = 0

Revision as of 16:09, 15 March 2011

735-Other State Agencies


go back

Individuals interested in donating their body organs upon death can obtain an organ donor card through the California Department of Motor Vehicles. Although the donor card is a legal document, a family member can override the donor's decision. The only legal or binding document for organ donation is the "Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care". This document is given to a trusted individual who will carry out the wishes of the donor and abide by his or her decision. If neither document exists, it becomes the decision of the next of kin whether the organs will be donated.

Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
4700 Broadway
Sacramento, CA 95820
(916) 657-7669

Other resources:

Donate Life California

California Transplant Donor Network
1611 Telegraph Avenue, Suite 600
Oakland, CA 94612
(888) 570-9400

Golden State Donor Services
1760 Creekside Oaks Drive, Suite 160
Sacramento, CA 95833
(916) 567-1600

Attn: Linda Ford
3465 Camino del Rio South, Suite 410
San Diego, CA 92108
(619) 521-1983

Attn: Bryan Stewart
2200 West Third Street, Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90057
(213) 401-0147

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page