Difference between revisions of "Nonprofit Organization"

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
<p>[[File:Whitebox.jpg|735-Other State Agencies|link=_Hint]]</p>
{| align="center" border = 0
{| align="center" border = 0

Revision as of 22:25, 14 March 2011

735-Other State Agencies


go back

Individuals or groups who seek to form a nonprofit organization (defined as an unincorporated association) must register the organization with the office of California Secretary of State.

Secretary of State
Corporate Legal Review and filing
1500 11th Street, Room 390
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 657-5448

To register as a nonprofit association which is unincorporated:

Secretary of State
Limited Partnership Program
1500 11th Street, 3rd Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 657-5448

Document Filing Support Unit
PO BOX 944225
Sacramento, CA 94244-2250

Registration of nonprofit organizations required. Performance record of charities is also available.

Department of Justice
Office of the Attorney General
Registry of Charitable Trusts
1300 I Street, 11th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 445-2021

The Better Business Bureau keeps records of charitable organization's performance.

Better Business Bureau
400 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 443-6843

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page