Difference between revisions of "Medical Devices/Ban On Sale of Devices"

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
<p>[[File:Whitebox.jpg|735-Other State Agencies|link=_Hint]]</p>
{| align="center" border = 0
{| align="center" border = 0

Revision as of 21:54, 14 March 2011

735-Other State Agencies


go back

All medical devices sold in California must be approved by a state agency.

The Department of Health Services licenses and registers manufacturers of drugs medical devices, and takes complaints on these items.

Department of Health Services
Food and Drug Branch
Medical Devices Safety Section
1500 Capitol Ave
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 650-6518
(800) 495-3232

The Department of Consumer Affairs, Board of Pharmacy enforces federal and state laws, regulations involving the acquisition, storage, distribution, and dispensing of dangerous drugs and devices.

Board of Pharmacy
1625 N. Market Blvd. Suite N219
Sacramento, CA 95834
(916) 574-7900
(916) 574-8618 Fax

The Department of Consumer Affairs, Hearing Aid Dispensers Bureau licenses and regulates dispensers of hearing aids.

See - Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act.

Hearing Aid Dispensers Bureau
1625 N. Market Blvd. S209
Sacramento, CA 95834
(916) 574-7990
(916) 574-8645 Fax
P. O. Box 980490
W. Sacramento, CA 95798-0490

The Federal Drug Administration has jurisdiction over all imported medical devices.

Federal Drug Administration
Import Operations
222 West 6th Street, Suite 700
San Pedro, CA 90731
(310) 971-2280

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page