Difference between revisions of "Massage Parlor"

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
<p>[[File:Whitebox.jpg|735-Other State Agencies|link=_Hint]]</p>
{| align="center" border = 0
{| align="center" border = 0

Revision as of 17:50, 14 March 2011

735-Other State Agencies


go back

Adult entertainment places of business are regulated by city and county planning commissions, so licenses to operate must be obtained through the city or county. Consumer should check with local city or county for ordinance jurisdiction. Massage parlors must acquire a separate business license from either the city (Police Department) or county (Sheriff's Department) and pass a criminal records search. This special license is in addition to a regular city or county business license.

Effective September 1, 2009, massage therapist and massage practitioners will be required to obtain a certification by The New California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC). Applicants for certification must be 18 years of age or older, meet specified education criteria, (250 hours from an approved school and 250 hours from approved or registered school or from a continuing education provider; totaling 500 hours in massage and related subjects.) Provide fingerprints to the Department of Justice for a criminal background check and pay fees required by the CAMTC. The Department of consumer Affairs does not have any jurisdiction or authority or a role regarding massage therapists.

California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC)
One Capitol Mall, Suite 320
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 669-5336
(916) 444-7462 Fax

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page