Difference between revisions of "Handicapped Individuals (Parking Spaces For)"

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 77: Line 77:
  [[file:green_arrow.jpg|link=https://www.ca.gov/agencysearch/|Directory of State Agencies ]]
    Directory of State Agencies
  [[file:green_arrow.jpg|link=https://www.usa.gov/federal-agencies|Directory of Federal Agencies]]
    Directory of Federal Agencies
  [[file:green_dca.jpg|link=http://www.dca.ca.gov/|Return to DCA Home Page]]
    Return to DCA Home Page

Latest revision as of 15:59, 13 November 2019

851-Local City/County Agencies


City or county parking spaces for handicapped individuals are required by federal law (Title 2 Americans With Disabilities Act), whether public or private. Management of parking spaces for the handicapped is the responsibility of local city and county planning and zoning departments.

The following two entities have jurisdiction over placement and size of handicapped parking spaces in private and public parking lots.

City of Sacramento

City Planning Department

915 I Street, 4th Floor

Sacramento, CA 95814

(916) 808-8795

City of Sacramento Portal

County of Sacramento

County Planning and Community Development

Disability Compliance Officer

700 H Street, Suite 4667

Sacramento, CA 95814

(916) 874-4466

Information about issues relative to the handicapped:

Easter Seals

Project Action

(800) 659-6428

Information about the Americans With Disabilities Act law:

ADA Hotline

(800) 949-4232

Responsibility for enforcement of Americans With Disabilities Act law:

US Department of Justice

(800) 514-0301

See Also: