Difference between revisions of "Firearms/Guns"

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 60: Line 60:
Report Illegal Firearms Activity:  
Report Illegal Firearms Activity:  
(800) 283-4867

Latest revision as of 20:33, 3 December 2019

735-Other State Agencies


Any questions or complaints about the sale, purchase, transport, regulation, or safety of weapons should be directed to the Department of Justice's Firearms Information Services Section.

The California Department of Justice, Bureau of Firearms does not issue "concealed weapons permits". Such permits are issued only by the county sheriff or head of a municipal police department of any city in the county to residents of that county. Requests for permits applications should be directed to these agencies.

California Department of Justice

Bureau of Firearms

PO BOX 820200

Sacramento, CA 94203-0200

(916) 227-7527

(916) 227-7480 Fax


The U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) licenses gun importers, gun manufacturers and gun dealers. Consumers should be referred to their local ATF Field Office. A complete listing of field offices can be found at [1].

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco

Firearms and Explosives

Sacramento II Field Office (Industry Operations)

1325 J Street, Suite 1530

Sacramento, CA 95814

(916) 498-5095

(925) 364-8531 Fax


Report Illegal Firearms Activity:

(800) 283-4867