Difference between revisions of "Environmental Protection"

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 130: Line 130:
'''Other Environmental Entities:'''
'''Other Environmental Entities:'''
The [http://www.consrv.ca.gov '''Department of Conservation]''' provides recycle locations, publications, general information grants, operators, retailers, manufacturers, and complaints.
The [https://www.conservation.ca.gov/ '''Department of Conservation]''' provides recycle locations, publications, general information grants, operators, retailers, manufacturers, and complaints.
Line 139: Line 139:
(800) 732-9253
(800) 732-9253
[http://www.consrv.ca.gov/ '''www.consrv.ca.gov''']  
[https://www.conservation.ca.gov/ '''https://www.conservation.ca.gov/''']  

Revision as of 21:33, 12 November 2019

735-Other State Agencies



The California Environmental Protection Agency (CAL/EPA) is responsible for coordinating and prioritizing the State's efforts to protect the environment.

Environmental Protection Agency (Cal/EPA)


Main Office

1001 I Street - P.O. Box 2815

Sacramento, CA 95814

(916) 323-2514


Toxic Substance Office

1001 I Street

Sacramento, CA 95814-2828

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 806

Sacramento, CA 95812-0806

(800) 728-6942

See Also Structural Pest Control Board

The Air Resources Board conducts research, monitors California's air quality and sets policies for controlling emissions from mobile sources (cars, trucks, buses and other motor vehicles).

Air Resources Board

(800) 242-4450

(916) 322-2990

Complaint/Compliance Hotline:

(800) 952-5588


The Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment identifies chemicals that have the potential for adverse health effects and implemented Proposition 65 (Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986).

Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment

(916) 324-7572

(510) 622-3200


The Integrated Waste Management Board conducts monitoring, research, planning and education programs to address California's solid waste management needs.

Integrated Waste Management Board

(916) 341-6000

Recycling Hotline

(800) CLEANUP (253-2687)

The CalRecycle website has moved:


The Department of Pesticide Regulation evaluates pesticide usefulness and safety and enforces state/federal laws governing the use of pesticides in California's agriculture, industry, business, and the home.

Department of Pesticide Regulation

(916) 445-4300

(916) 324-1452 Fax


The Department of Toxic Substances Control is responsible for overseeing the clean-up of hazardous waste sites and for monitoring and regulating hazardous waste transportation, treatment, storage and disposal for California.

Department of Toxic Substances Control

(800) 728-6942

(916) 324-1826


The Water Resources Control Board is responsible for maintaining water quality in the state. Anyone wishing to divert water from a stream or river not adjacent to their property does so through application to the Board. Issue permits for water rights, specifying amounts, conditions, and construction time tables for diversion and storage.

Water Resources Control Board

(916) 341-5250

(916) 341-5252 Fax


Other Environmental Entities:

The Department of Conservation provides recycle locations, publications, general information grants, operators, retailers, manufacturers, and complaints.

Department of Conservation

Recycling Hotline

(800) 732-9253


The Environmental Health Coalition is an education and advocacy organization dedicated to preventing illnesses resulting from exposure to toxic chemicals in the home, work-place, and community. They provide general information and literature. They do not test toxic sites.

Environmental Health Coalition

401 Mile of Cars Way, Suite 310

National City, CA 91950

(619) 474-0220

(619) 4741210 Fax

The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is a national advocacy, research, and lobbying organization whose work involves the preservation of national resources and the protection of the public's health. It also provides information to the general public on environmental issues.

Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)

40 West 20th Street

New York, NY 10011

(212) 727-2700

(212) 727-1773 Fax



The EPA Provides information regarding federal EPA regulations, policy, and documents.

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)

1200 Pennsylvania Ave, NW

Washington, DC 20460

(202) 272-0167

Regional Office for California

75 Hawthorne St.

San Francisco, CA 94105

(415) 947-8000

(886) EPA-WEST (372-9378)

(415) 947-3553

To report a gross polluter/smoking vehicle, the consumer may submit a Complaint Form for Smoking Vehicles to the Air Resources Board, or call ARB or the local Air Pollution Control Districts.

California Air Resources Board

Physical Address

1001 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814

Mailing Address

P.O. Box 2815, Sacramento, CA 95812

Vehicle Complaint Hotline: 800-363-7664

Website: https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/our-work/programs/environmental-complaints/smoking-vehicles