Difference between revisions of "Child Care/Child Protective Services"

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 32: Line 32:
[http://www.childsworld.ca.gov/res/pdf/CPSEmergNumbers.pdf '''Child Protective Services (CPS) Hotlines]'''
[https://www.childwelfare.gov/organizations/?CWIGFunctionsaction=rols:main.dspList&rolType=Custom&RS_ID=%205 '''Child Protective Services (CPS) Hotlines]'''
Line 49: Line 49:
(916) 651-6040
(916) 651-6040
[http://www.ccld.ca.gov/ '''www.ccld.ca.gov''']

Revision as of 18:48, 6 November 2019

851-Local City/County Agencies


To protect their children while in the care of others, parents may investigate providers who have been screened and do not have disqualifying criminal convictions by using Trustline, a registry created by the California Legislature.

TrustLine is a database of in-home caregivers (nannies and baby-sitters) that have cleared criminal background checks in California. The California Department of Social Services administers the program.

To check if a provider is registered on TrustLine or to register:

(800) 822-8490

Child Protection Services (CPS):

Consumers who wish to reach a child protection service should contact their local county welfare office. The Web site below provides a list for each California county.

Child Protective Services (CPS) Hotlines

Department of Social Services

Community Care Licensing Division

Child Care Program Office

744 P Street, MS 9-14-48

Sacramento, CA 95814

(916) 651-6040


Child Find of America, Inc.

7 Innis Avenue

PO Box 277

New Paltz, New York 12561-0277

(845) 883-6060

(800) 426-5678 (800) I-AM-LOST

(800) 292-9688 (800) A-WAY-OUT

(845) 883-6614 Fax


The California Central Registry operates within the California Parent findings Locator Service which locates nonsupporting, absent parents and their assets and assists in the location of noncustodial parents who have abducted their children. The Central Registry reviews and forwards interstate) and international child support case information to the appropriate country district attorney.

Individuals must contact their local District Attorney who will report findings to the Attorney General's office for statewide and interstate information search.

The Attorney General’s Megan’s Law Web site lists designated registered sex offenders in California:

Registered Sex Offenders (Megan’s Law)


The Department of Justice provides a number for individuals who need to report or identify individuals who are sex offenders:

(916) 227-3244

  Directory of State Agencies 
    Directory of State Agencies
  Directory of Federal Agencies
    Directory of Federal Agencies 
  Return to DCA Home Page
    Return to DCA Home Page