Difference between revisions of "Abandoned Vehicles"

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 23: Line 23:
<p>'''Other referrals:''' Towing and Storage<br>  
<p>'''Other referrals:''' Towing and Storage<br>  
                               California Highway Patrol</p>  
                               [http://www.chp.ca.gov California Highway Patrol]
<p>Consumer Resource & Referral Guide<br>
<p>Consumer Resource & Referral Guide<br>

Revision as of 23:03, 17 March 2010


The California Highway Patrol (CHP) and city or county agencies have jurisdiction over abandoned vehicles on public and private property.

The Neighborhood Services Department or City Police Department has jurisdiction over abandoned vehicles on private property within the city.

Individuals reporting abandoned vehicles or owners who wish to retrieve their vehicles must contact the office with the proper jurisdiction in the city or county in which they reside. Vehicles are towed to centrally located storage facilities.

Consumers should consult the government listings of their telephone directory for local city and county numbers.

For Sacramento County:

CHP Headquarters
P.O. Box 942898
Sacramento, CA 94298-0001
1-800-TELL CHP or (1-800-835-5247)
916-657-7261 (Non-emergency)

Publications available: None are offered by the Consumer Information Center.

See also: "Towing"

Other referrals: Towing and Storage
California Highway Patrol

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page