Occupational Therapists

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

021-Occupational Therapy


The Department of Consumer Affairs, Board of Occupational Therapy licenses and regulates occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants in California. Effective January 1, 2003, occupational therapy practitioners must be licensed or certified by the Board to practice in California.

Department of Consumer Affairs

Board of Occupational Therapy

2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 2050

Sacramento, CA 95815

(916) 263-2294

(916) 263-2701 Fax


Email - bot@dca.ca.gov

National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)

12 South Summit Avenue Suite 100

Gaithersburg, MD 20877

(301) 990-7979

(301) 869-8492 Fax


Provides information on examination and certification requirements for individuals interested in the occupational therapy profession.

Occupational Therapy Association of California

950 Glenn Drive, Suite 150, Folsom, CA 95630

(916) 567-7000


Provides information and consultation for practicing occupational therapists within California. Member organization for Occupational Therapists.

California Foundation for Occupational Therapy (CFOT)

4040 Grandview Boulevard, Suite 43

Los Angeles, CA 90066

(310) 397-8517


Provides information about occupational therapist scholarships within their own Foundation in the State of California.

American Occupational Therapy Association

4720 Montgomery Ln Ste 200

Bethesda, MD 20814-3449


Members: 1-800-SAY-AOTA(729-2682)

Non-members: 301-652-6611

TDD: 1-800-377-8555 Fax: 240-762-5150

See more at: http://www.aota.org/AboutAOTA/Contact-Us.aspx#sthash.YWneYiLV.dpuf

Provides information about occupational therapy scholarships, loans, financial aid, and membership qualifications.