Fraud issues are addressed by state and local entities as well as private organizations. The following organizations may be able to offer some assistance to consumers in the following instances.
For problems or complaints about checks, see Check Fraud
For state-wide fraud issue, see Attorney General
Coalition Against Insurance Fraud: www.insurancefraud.org
National Consumers League's National Fraud Information Center: www.fraud.org
National Inventor Fraud Center:
The Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).
- What Smart Shoppers Know About Sweepstakes, Contests and Lotteries
- What Smart Shoppers Know About Refunds
- What Smart Shoppers Know About Door-to-Door Sales
- What Smart Shoppers Know About Mail Order
- What Smart Shoppers Know About Prizes and Gifts
- Basic Facts About Telemarketing
- Display of Return Policy by Retail Sellers
- Memberships In Health Clubs, Spas & Studios