Discount Businesses

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

735-Other State Agencies


Businesses which buy and sell products in large volume need a city or county business license. The owner must secure a bond with an insurance company and file it with the California Secretary of State. Provisions of Civil Code 1812.100-1812.128 seek to restrict false advertising, unfair contracts, and harmful financial practices relative to discount buyers.

To file a bond:

Secretary of State

1500 Eleventh Street

Sacramento, CA 95814

(916) 653-3984

Publications available: Refunds and Display of Refund Policy Fact Sheet