From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

735-Other State Agencies

DIALYSIS go back

The California Department of Health Services certifies Patient Care Technicians to assist patients in dialysis treatments. Certification by the department is all that is required for a licensed Registered Nurse to perform dialysis, but a Licensed Vocational Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse must have a certificate to perform phlebotomy and intravenous injections.

Department of Health Services licenses Patient Care Technicians to perform dialysis.

Department of Health Services

Licensing and Certification Division

1615 Capitol Avenue, MS 0503

Sacramento, CA 95899

Mailing address:

P.O. Box 997377, MS 0503

Sacramento, CA 95899-7377

Main Office (916)440-7502

Fax (916) 440-7505

Department of Consumer Affairs, Board of Registered Nursing licenses RNs who are certified by Health Services to perform dialysis.

Board of Registered Nursing

1747 N. Market Blvd. Suite 150

Sacramento, CA 95834

(916) 322-3350

(800) 326-2297 TTY


Department of Consumer Affairs Licensed VNs must be certified to perform phlebotomy and intravenous injections.

Board of Vocational Nurses

Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians

2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 205

Sacramento, CA 95833

(916) 263-7800

(916) 263-7855 Fax