Armored Transport Companies

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

735-Other State Agencies


Armored transport companies use trucks and vans, cars with light armor plate to transport money or valuables from one location to another. Licensing and complaint jurisdiction is within the following agencies:

Armored Transport companies must register all vehicles with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)

2570 24th Street

Sacramento, CA 95818

(916) 657-7669

California Highway Patrol Requirements:

The California Highway Patrol (CHP) is required to inspect the place of business and the vehicles before issuing a license for operation of the armored vehicle. The CHP also requires an inspection of any additional vehicle added to the company's fleet of vehicles, and failure to comply can result in a $1,000 fine or a maximum of 6 months in the county jail. Initial license registration is $10.00 with an annual renewal fee of $5.00 which is paid to CHP. License application forms are available only in the Sacramento office (requires fingerprinting), but any local CHP office statewide will make inspections. Complaints related to vehicle safety operations or license violations should be made to CHP.

California Highway Patrol (CHP)

Commercial Vehicle Section

601 N 7th Street

Sacramento, CA 95811

(916) 843-3400

California Department of Consumer Affairs, Bureau of Security and Investigative Services Requirements:

The driver and/or owner of the armored vehicle must be licensed with the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) and possess a current security guard card. Complaints related to security guards should be referred to the transport company and BSIS.