Air Conditioner

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

654- Contractor State License Board, 011-Bureau of Electronics & Appliance Repair


Repair or installation of central air conditioning units in homes, apartments, or condos requires licensing by the Contractors State License Board (CSLB).CSLB licenses and regulates contractors in 42 license classifications, investigates complaints against contractors, and works to eliminate unlicensed contractors working in California.

Contractor's State License Board

9821 Business Park Drive

Sacramento, CA 95827

(916) 255-3900

(800) 321-2752 (24-hour licensing/consumer info)

Mailing address

PO BOX 26000

Sacramento, CA 95826

The Bureau of Household Goods and Services provides safe guards to consumers for the repair, service, or maintenance of room air conditioners, among other electronic and major home appliances.

Bureau of Household Goods and Services

4244 South Market Court, Suite D Sacramento, California 95834-243

(916) 999-2041

(916) 921-7279 Fax


As of January 1, 1992, all repair shops servicing auto air conditioning systems must use either refrigerant recovery/recycle equipment or recovery only equipment approved by Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Technicians who repair or service auto air conditioning services must be trained and certified by an EPA approved organization.

United States Environmental Protection Agency

75 Hawthorne Street

San Francisco, CA 94105

(800) 296-1996

(415) 744-1500

Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR)

(800) 952-5210

  Directory of State Agencies 
    Directory of State Agencies
  Directory of Federal Agencies
    Directory of Federal Agencies 
  Return to DCA Home Page
    Return to DCA Home Page