Abandoned Vehicles

From ConsumerWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

735-Other State Agencies


The California Highway Patrol (CHP) and city or county agencies have jurisdiction over abandoned vehicles on public and private property.

The Neighborhood Services Department or City Police Department has jurisdiction over abandoned vehicles on private property within the city.

Individuals reporting abandoned vehicles or owners who wish to retrieve their vehicles must contact the office with the proper jurisdiction in the city or county in which they reside. Vehicles are towed to centrally located storage facilities.

Consumers should consult the government listings of their telephone directory for local city and county numbers.

For Sacramento County:

CHP Immediate Non - Emergency

1-800-TELL CHP or (1-800-835-5247)


See also: