Public Health, California Department of
From Consumer Wiki
Revision as of 19:30, 27 December 2010 by Cicjscribner
The California Department of Public Health offeres 10 essential Public Health Services:
- Monitoring health status to identify community health problems including health disparities.
- Detecting and investigating health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Informing, educating, and empowering people and organizations to adopt healthy behaviors to enhance health status.
- Partnering with communities and organizations to identify and solve health problems and to respond to public health emergencies.
- Developing and implementing public health interventions and best practices that support individual and community health efforts and increase healthy outcomes.
- Enforcing laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Linking people to needed personal health services and ensuring the provision of population-based health services.
- Assuring a competent public health workforce and effective public health leadership.
- Evaluating effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of public health services, strategies, and programs.
- Researching for insights and innovative solutions to public health problems.