State of California California Department of Consumer Affairs

Plumbing Pipes

From Consumer Wiki

Revision as of 22:04, 1 July 2010 by Cicjscribner (Talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search


go back

The State of California, Department of Consumer Affairs, Consumer Information Center (CIC), has received complaint calls about plastic piping constructed of polybutylene. A class action lawsuit is pending at the federal court level to address problems associated with these plastic pipes. Consumers should contact the Consumer Plumbing Recovery Center, an organization that takes calls relating to the class action lawsuit.

Criteria for current claims filed with the "Consumer Plumbing Recovery Center" are:

Interior Pipes that are:

  • In homes built between 1978 and 1992
  • Pipes that are gray or black (not including copper, galvanized or polyvinyl chloride (PVC, etc.)

Exterior Pipes that are:

  • In homes built in 1978 and 1992
  • Pipes that are blue (not including copper, galvanized, polyvinyl chloride (PVC, etc.)

The Consumer Plumbing Recovery Center administration facility for polybutylene plumbing claims, assists in determining whether a consumer has polybutylene plumbing pipes, provides information about problems related to current leaks in outside water lines, explains how to file a new claim and provides the status of claim eligibility forms, and existing claims.

Consumer Plumbing Recovery Center
PO Box 869006
Plano, Texas 75086
(800) 356-3496
(800) 876-4698

Publications available: None are offered by the Consumer Information Center

See also: None

Other referrals: Contractors State License Board

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page

Personal tools