State of California California Department of Consumer Affairs

Massage Parlor

From Consumer Wiki

Revision as of 21:31, 29 June 2010 by Cicjscribner (Talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search


go back

Adult entertainment places of business are regulated by city and county planning commissions, so licenses to operate must be obtained through the city or county. Consumer should check with local city or county for ordinance jurisdiction. Massage parlors must acquire a separate business license from either the city (Police Department) or county (Sheriff's Department) and pass a criminal records search. This special license is in addition to a regular city or county business license.

Consumers should contact the departments listed below for ordinance regulations. Complaints about prostitution or vice should be made to the Police Department; other complaints should be directed to the planning commissions.

Consumers should check the Government Pages listings in their White Pages phone directories for city and county offices.

Publications available: None

See also: None

Other referrals: None

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page

Personal tools