State of California California Department of Consumer Affairs

Homeowners' Associations

From Consumer Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Cicjscribner (Talk | contribs)
(Created page with '{| align="center" border = 0 ! |- | {| border = 0 cellpadding="20" cellspacing="0" |- | <h4 align="center"><big>HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATIONS</big><br /></h4> | go back |- |} |…')
Newer edit →

Revision as of 15:23, 26 July 2010


go back

During the time in which housing tract construction is underway, whether lots are being sold for condominiums or residential subdivision housing construction, the developer must fulfill certain Department of Real Estate (DRE) requirements relative to assessments or requirements for buyers of the property. <p>The DRE oversees the developmental stage of the project until the subdivision, etc. is completed; at that point they are no longer involved. Once all dwellings are sold, the property owners may establish a homeowners' association where decisions would be by "member rule" for any assessments or enforcement of rules for owners.

Once the homeowners' association is operational, complaints or issues would become a civil matter.

Department of Real Estate
2201 Broadway
Sacramento, CA 95818
(916) 227-0931

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page

Personal tools