State of California California Department of Consumer Affairs

Farm Workers/Farm Worker Housing

From Consumer Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
<p>[[File:Whitebox.jpg|735-Other State Agencies|link=_Hint]]</p>
{| align="center" border = 0
{| align="center" border = 0

Revision as of 23:46, 10 March 2011

735-Other State Agencies


go back

The California Rural Legal Assistance is an organization that has brought lawsuits that abolished use of the short-handed hoe and the chemical pesticide DDT. Since its creation in 1966, CRLA has engaged in litigation against big growers, county governments, and California governors in defense of farm workers.

California Rural Legal Assistance Foundation, Inc.
2210 K Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95816
(916) 446-7904
(916) 445-3057 Fax

The Agricultural Labor Relations Board investigates unfair labor practices for agricultural laborers and their employers.

Agricultural Labor Relations Board
915 Capitol Mall, Room 351
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 653-3699
(800) 449-3699
(916) 653-2743 Fax


Some employers provide private employee housing (labor camps), which are often found in the agriculture and farming industry. If individuals (employees) experience difficulties with labor camp accommodations, such as uninhabitable conditions or health and safety issues, a complaint may be filed with the California State Department of Housing and Community Development.

Department of Housing and Community Development
Codes and Standards Division
1800 Third Street, Suite 260
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 445-9471
(916) 323-9249 Fax

1800 Third Street, Suite 390
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 327-6660 Fax

See Also:
Agricultural Labor Relations Board
Migrant Workers Housing

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page

Personal tools