State of California California Department of Consumer Affairs

Exchange Students (Foreign)

From Consumer Wiki

Revision as of 18:45, 28 June 2010 by Cicjscribner (Talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search


go back

Organizations which host foreign exchange students are usually private, and any related problems must be resolved through a local consumer protection agency or a private attorney. Sometimes universities have their own exchange programs or private groups may host exchanges.

The Council on International Education Exchange assists students from high schools, colleges and universities with arrange-ments for studying overseas. Assists university students interested in working abroad and overseas volunteer programs. Consumers may request student brochures, applications and program information and the "Student Travels" magazine. The Council's Information Center's representatives are available Monday thru Friday (9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST).

Council on International Education Exchange
7 Custom House Street, 3rd Floor
Portland, ME 04101
(800) 407-8839

The California Department of Education does not have jurisdiction over foreign exchange students.

The Institute of International Education (IIE) assists US citizens interested in studying overseas. Citizens must be at college level, either undergraduates or graduates.

Institute of International Education (IIE)
809 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
(212) 883-8200

Publications available: None are offered by the Consumer Information Center

See also: None

Other referrals: None

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page

Personal tools