State of California California Department of Consumer Affairs

Broadcast Interference

From Consumer Wiki

Revision as of 17:03, 16 June 2010 by Cicjscribner (Talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search


go back

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulates the nongovernmental use of radio frequencies (including both radio and television broadcasts) for communications and entertainment. The FCC also provides literature to resolve interference to home appliances from a CB or amateur radio operator.

FCC Provides:

License application forms, rules and regulations, programming, amateur radio exams and commercial exams.

Federal Communications Commission
5653 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 105
Pleasanton, CA 94588-8543
(888) 225-5322

To use a cellular, CB, or mobile phone does not require a license, but any radio or TV station transmitter operated by an individual or company requires licensing. Interference problems with telephone electronic equipment, 2-way radio, interference from police or fire departments, taxis, general business, telephone service, telephone company, contact the local FCC.

Federal Communications Commission
Cerritos Corporation Tower
18000 Studebaker Road, Room 660
Cerritos, CA 90701
(888) 225-5322

Federal Communications Commission
4542 Ruffner Street, Suite. 370
San Diego, CA 92111-2216
(888) 225-5322

Publications available: None are offered by the Consumer Information Center

See also: None

Other referrals: None

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page

Personal tools