State of California California Department of Consumer Affairs

Bottled Water/Vended Water

From Consumer Wiki

Revision as of 23:08, 19 December 2012 by Cicpbuchanan (Talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search

735-Other State Agencies


go back

The California Department of Public Health, Food and Drug Branch (FDB), licenses and regulates manufacturers of bottled water (regardless of whether they are produced in-state or out-of-state, or in foreign countries) and vended water. Vended water is water that is dispensed by a water vending machine, retail water facility, a store, water from a private water source or water delivered by a hauler for drinking.

FDB inspects in-state bottlers and vendors for sanitation, manufacturing operation, control equipment and quality control procedures, testing requirements, record keeping, labeling and advertising. For bottlers located out-of-state or in foreign countries, FDB relies on the inspection by the pertinent regulatory agency of the state or the country where the plant is located.

Contact the FDB to obtain license applications and procedures.

Department of Public Health
Radiological Health Branch
1500 Capitol Ave
Sacramento, CA 95814

Mailing Address:
PO Box 997377, MS 0500
Sacramento, CA 95899-7377

(916) 650-6500 (800) 495-3232 Email

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page

Personal tools