State of California California Department of Consumer Affairs


From Consumer Wiki

Revision as of 15:55, 16 June 2010 by Cicjscribner (Talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search


go back

Bookkeepers are not certified or by any board or agency, and bookkeeper is not a certified public accountant. A bookkeeping business will require a local city or county business license and registration with the California State Franchise Tax Board for taxation purposes. Unresolved complaint issues may be directed to the Better Business Bureau for mediation or addressed by civil resolution.

Contace the Better Business Bureau to file complaint or check reputation of a business.

Better Business Bureau
400 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 443-6843

Contact the local Small Claims Cout for filing instructions, forms by mail, serving claim, continuance, judgment collection, advisory clinic information

Small Claims Court
301 Bicentennial Circle, Room. 300
Sacramento, CA 94826
(916) 875-7514 (recorded message)
(916) 875-7300 (Advice Clinic)

Publications available: None are offered by the Consumer Information Center

See also: None

Other referrals: Accountants and Certified Public Accountants

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page

Personal tools