State of California California Department of Consumer Affairs

Boating and Waterways

From Consumer Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Cicjscribner (Talk | contribs)
(Created page with '{| align="center" border = 0 ! |- | {| border = 0 cellpadding="20" cellspacing="0" |- | <h4 align="center"><big>BOATING AND WATERWAYS</big><br /></h4> | go back |- |} |- …')
Newer edit →

Revision as of 22:41, 14 June 2010


go back

The California Department of Boating and Waterways, Yacht and Ship Broker dispenses licenses for yacht and ship brokers and regulates their activities. For a commission, brokers assist private party sellers of used yachts or ships in locating private party buyers and in arranging the sale.

The regulatory responsibilities of the department include inspecting licensees' activities to ensure compliance with the Yacht and Ship Broker Licensing Act and investigating complaints against licensees. Complaints should be made in writing.

Department of Boating and Waterways
2000 Evergreen Street, Suite 100
Sacramento, CA 95815-3888
(916) 263-8195
(916) 263-1908 (fax)
(888) 326-2822

Complaints outside jurisdiction include:

New boat sales, engine and repair work on boats; vessels under 16 ft. in length or over 300 gross tons; vessels owned by a broker or corporation selling it; Vessels sold by receiver, trustee in bankruptcy, or person acting under order of any court; vessels sold subject to foreclosure of a security interest if conducted only by holder of the security interest

Publication available: None are offered by the Consumer Information Center

See also: Boats Yachts and Ship Brokers

Other referrals: None

Consumer Resource & Referral Guide Consumer Resource & Referral Guide
Directory of State Agencies Directory of State Agencies
Directory of Federal Agencies Directory of Federal Agencies
Return to DCA Home Page Return to DCA Home Page

Personal tools